Music Banter - View Single Post - Amy Winehouse pronounced dead
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

ahhh, here we go again with the people who i wanna punch in the mouth, the people who think that people are bad for giving more attention to Amy WInehouse than the victims in Norway.

Of course people will feel more of a connection to Amy Winehouse here than they will the victims of the Olso bombings/camp shooting. While one may sympathise with live lost in Norway, they will not feel the same connection to them personally or on an emotional level because they did not know them, they are just strangers to them... the people who will care more are family and friends, they will offer genuine support and it will be a story there. But here, Amy was somebody who many knew through her art, she was somebody people connected to in one way or another and through her art and music we knew her more than we did the people in Norway.

I feel sympathy for lives lost either way, I am not saying people can not feel bad for the people who died in Norway, that is fine. But to say one is more important is to have yer own head up yer ass and talk out of it as well.

Mainstream media will cover it more here because there is more of a connection in the mainstream media. If you want mainstream coverage of the people in Norway, move to Norway.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.