Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #88 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
Immolation is freaking amazing. I'd say the pretty much bitch slap ever body else. Legion is very technical, but I kinda find it of too clinical. Cryptopsy is really only good for their first two records. Malevolent and Carnage are two band I've been meaning to get, particularly Carnage since it was Michael Ammots first band (yeah I like Arch Enemy). As far as shredding death metal, I got to throw a bone to Nile. Great drumming which is a must for good death metal, and a guitarist that know how to wring that neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Bastards list is great. I fully endorse "Legion" by Deicide - that's an album that is beyond brilliant. Terrific musicianship, great energy - but, best of all, the songs are actually songs - not just a collection of neat sounding moments.

The only thing I'd disagree with is no Incantation & the lack of Demlich. Check out "Nespithe" by Demilich if you want to hear how death metal can be interesting without applique aesthetics from other genres; Incantation, on the other hand, are - in all likelihood - the original black/death band. "Diabolical Conquest" is my favorite Incantation record, but "Onward to Golgotha" is also regarded as brilliant by many.
Cheers for the extra comments on BOY`s list and will take all this into consideration when giving these albums a twirl, one or two I already know of but will still listen to all again.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote