Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #1022 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post

Tough spot for the Vikes losing Rice. I like his game, it was a shame he went down last year. They are definitely a win-now team, and I still think they have a pretty decent shot at the playoffs. I don't think the Bears are legit, the cards just fell perfectly all season for them last year and the NFC is nowhere close to the AFC in terms of good teams. I like the McNabb deal. He's still a good QB, last year I'm willing to throw out the window because of all the bullshit going on in Washington. He'll have a great running game and he can still launch the long ball. I can see him and Percy being a nice combo all year. I think the Vikes only go as far as their defense takes them though. And I'd be worried about that. The D-Line got old fast and I don't think Allen is what he was 2 years ago. He was asleep the first half of last season and they lost Edwards at end too who was pretty decent.
I think Bill Musgrave will be a solid offensive coordinator.

Berrian has all the makings of a go-to receiver, he's just not clutch. I think even without a legitimate deep threat, Mcnabb has plenty of options now. Considering how far he was able to get the eagles without any all star receivers (minus the time with TO) I think he'll be more then comfy here.

Hell, I don't think our offensive line is bad at all, all we need is qb who can scramble a little bit, and we should be fine. There would be times it looked like the pocket for brett favre was closing in on him in slow motion and he just looked absolutely helpless. I never blamed the O-line for that, their position doesn't require them to ****ing babysit the quarterback.

Our d-line is in trouble for sure. I hope we go for a blitz heavy defense this year because our secondary has always been awful, and if we aren't stopping the run we will get walked on.

With chicago and green bay in our division i only see us getting into the playoffs as a wild card.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote