Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #3660 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I'm actually more of a DC fan, most comics in my collection are of Batman, Superman, the Justice League and the Doom Patrol

i have no bias against Marvel, though, but i only started reading in the 80s, only caught up with the early stuff vide reprints like Marvel Age and Marvel Tales (Spiderman)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
I'm not a huge Marvel fan. I mainly read DC, because I feel like they're grittier. BUT with that said, I did enjoy the Dark Tower Marvel comics.

I'm actually reading a DC graphic novel right now: The Dark Knight Returns.
My oldest friend is an absolute comic nut and has literally a whole room dedicated to Marvel and DC comics storage, he keeps most of the best comics safe in see through plastic bags, I'm sure you know the type and he swears by Marvel and up until around the late 80s and early 90s DC just couldn't compete with Marvel. From what I've read of both uptil the late 70s, Marvel is in a different league quality wise, even though I do like a lot of the really old Batman stuff from the 30s and 40s.

Anybody who hasn't read stuff by Marvel in the 60s and 70s should do so, this really is the Golden Age of Marvel.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote