Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the MODchine
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #352 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You were asking a group of people who have lives and jobs and whatever else outside of this place to remember why a decision was made over a month ago on an internet forum, and your questions came at a time when the person who might have had the most information didn't have a reliable internet connection. While I agree that ideally our response should have been quicker, the simple fact of the matter is digging back though old conversations and trying to coordinate getting input from everyone involved on the context from those conversations is a time-consuming process.
Jans, yes I did go overboard with my metaphor or whatever. I usually do that because it's funnier that way and I apologize. Remember that I don't know what goes on in the mod cave. In my head it's a sub forum where member complaints are posted somewhere. I realize everyone has lives outside of the forum, as do I. But cmon, you don't think a member would want to know why they are banned? If a mod is going to straight up tell me I insulted people or bullied them for their race and sexuality, do you really think it's wrong or unreasonable of me to want to know what that means? Dude, it doesn't sit well with me to have someone tell me I did something and then not explain themselves. None of us know how the modding works. we don't know if one mod gets a few complaints and then that's it or a discussion goes on and everyone knows about the complaints, etc. It's guesswork. This isn't about me bitching because of the ban, it's about me not wanting to get banned again for something stupid and wanting to know what got me banned in the first place. Do you understand where I'm comin from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
The chat is impossible to moderate, and as such, I personally believe that we should remove all access and promotion of it from MB. Users can find it on their own, but we shouldn't be promoting something that is a free for all of knobheaddery and causes dissent on MB.

As for your concern about the logs being forged, why are you only mentioning it now? Why would you not have brought that up in your first PM to us? Instead, you've waited until now to bring it up? Forgery was never a part of your original argument; it originally hinged on the age of the logs.
Because in my first PM to you guys I was hoping for some kind of response and didn't really think it was needed. Like I said, I don't know how the mod process works. All I am pretty sure of is that Paloma sent Vanilla chat logs and that's the only conceivable thing I can think my infraction for insults and stuff came from. Ironically, I was the only one being insulted the night I was banned which is kinda funny. So what's the grounds for the infraction then? All I can figure is someone (vanilla) looked at the chat logs and maybe didn't realize a lot of the chat messages were people pretending to me, including Paloma herself. Plus when I first PMed you I didn't look over the chat logs as much as I have now.