Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the MODchine
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #403 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
you can do that? because I was told no links in your signature
I'll never figure this forum out
I've read about your questions dealing with posting links in your sig, SIRIUSB.

I'm glad to see you already know that new members can link to their webpages by adding them to their contact information, regardless of post count. This allows people who read your posts to click on your username and scroll down to highlight "Visit so-and-so's homepage!" Alternatively, they can view your public profile to click on your "Contact Information," which will list your homepage.

For example, I learned from yours that Beethoven said, "Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." I'd never heard that quote before! It's lovely.

The rules do emphasize very clearly, however, that advertising and self-promotion are not allowed: "ALL FORMS OF ADVERTISING ON MUSIC BANTER ARE PROHIBITED. We do not allow anyone to post threads or send private messages or emails to users that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Advertising in signatures is also prohibited. Making an account for the sole purpose of spamming to obtain 15 posts enabling the user to post a link for advertising, or promotional purposes, is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate perma-ban."

Since you appear to be selling music at your homepage, any links to your homepage might be viewed by moderators as advertising.

Of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Heres some nepotism.

You're 16 posts in and due to this conversation I already think you're a dick. Its a rule. We've all followed the rule. If you don't like it, find another forum. Why do you think you should be an exception to the rule?

This is why we don't allow newby ****s to post **** here. Because they go and expose themselves to be cantankerous, petulant children when something doesn't go their way. If you need a better reason for why we don't allow it, please go on giving us more examples to cite.

Christ.
...the rules *also* say:

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks."

Read more: Music Banter - Announcements in Forum : Introductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Is anyone on this forum actually happy about anything?
I like it very much! What a great collection of feisty, interesting, musically-minded people who love or hate debates enough to partake in them online. I especially like debates about rules and their enforcement by moderators.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-10-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added a :)