Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #401 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I appreciate the forwardness of your post.

We are at a standstill that won't change, which is why I'm content at this point to let it go and carry on posting
I kinda agree with you. You should be allowed to know why you were banned and I think all this "Dirty you take this forum so seriously" attitude is a way of getting around the fact that they don't know why you were banned. That's how it seems anyway.
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #402 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I kinda agree with you. You should be allowed to know why you were banned and I think all this "Dirty you take this forum so seriously" attitude is a way of getting around the fact that they don't know why you were banned. That's how it seems anyway.
He knows why he was banned. We explained it to him repeatedly.
And now he's going to stop pretending like he doesn't, because he's clearly only doing it to manipulate the opinions of people like you, which.. has obviously been successful.

This ends here. Any more posts about this crap that has already been addressed a hundred times will be deleted.
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #403 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
you can do that? because I was told no links in your signature
I'll never figure this forum out
I've read about your questions dealing with posting links in your sig, SIRIUSB.

I'm glad to see you already know that new members can link to their webpages by adding them to their contact information, regardless of post count. This allows people who read your posts to click on your username and scroll down to highlight "Visit so-and-so's homepage!" Alternatively, they can view your public profile to click on your "Contact Information," which will list your homepage.

For example, I learned from yours that Beethoven said, "Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." I'd never heard that quote before! It's lovely.

The rules do emphasize very clearly, however, that advertising and self-promotion are not allowed: "ALL FORMS OF ADVERTISING ON MUSIC BANTER ARE PROHIBITED. We do not allow anyone to post threads or send private messages or emails to users that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Advertising in signatures is also prohibited. Making an account for the sole purpose of spamming to obtain 15 posts enabling the user to post a link for advertising, or promotional purposes, is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate perma-ban."

Since you appear to be selling music at your homepage, any links to your homepage might be viewed by moderators as advertising.

Of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Heres some nepotism.

You're 16 posts in and due to this conversation I already think you're a dick. Its a rule. We've all followed the rule. If you don't like it, find another forum. Why do you think you should be an exception to the rule?

This is why we don't allow newby ****s to post **** here. Because they go and expose themselves to be cantankerous, petulant children when something doesn't go their way. If you need a better reason for why we don't allow it, please go on giving us more examples to cite.

Christ.
...the rules *also* say:

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks."

Read more: Music Banter - Announcements in Forum : Introductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Is anyone on this forum actually happy about anything?
I like it very much! What a great collection of feisty, interesting, musically-minded people who love or hate debates enough to partake in them online. I especially like debates about rules and their enforcement by moderators.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-10-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added a :)
VEGANGELICA is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #404 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Vegangelica, ex-mods tend to be exempt from that rule you quoted
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #405 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Vegangelica, ex-mods tend to be exempt from that rule you quoted
Funny, dj...I was almost going to come to that conclusion myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #406 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Everyone knows that's just Brennan. That's why people find him horrifyly scary at first.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #407 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Everyone knows that's just Brennan. That's why people find him horrifyly scary at first.
At first?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #408 (permalink)
wasting my youth online
 
Chubbysailorvenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bum**** nowhere
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I don't know that I'd consider all of them to be "contributing."
Well, what do you consider yourself?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
I'm going nowhere
going nowhere
going nowhere
Chubbysailorvenus is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #409 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post

Of course...



...the rules *also* say:

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks."

Read more: Music Banter - Announcements in Forum : Introductions
If you're being a rules lawyer like that, I think its important to note that

1 - Big3 phrased the first part you bolded as an opinion, not a fact, to me that would leave sufficient leeway to interpret it as either an insult or a statement on personal feeling, or both, or neither.

2 - The second part you bolded was a statement aimed at nobody in particular and merely notes the type of people we don't want here. It makes no claims as to anyone here in past or right now.


Of course, if you're going to start arguing semantics, we rapidly approach the pointless and stupid, really. Anyone with half a brain can see that what you claim is exactly what big3 intended, but I think the fact applying a different viewpoint to the same information can totally change its meaning means that a call for black and white rulings on everything, and no flexibility on that point (Not that you are calling for this, but people have and people will*), will only result in huge arguments, especially since insults are by their nature often opinions taken in unintended ways, or more subversively, insults phrased as benign opinion.

I've been on forums that did that black and white thing with insults. All rudeness of any kind was disallowed, if not by the mods, then by the community, who would happily report any and all ill-will of any kind TO the mods until the mods got sick of that person being a source of trouble and banned them basically with no better reasons than the constant pestering of the hivemind. And those forums sucked every kind of penis it is possible for a forum to suck. Lets not lose sight of what we expect from people here, since lets be honest, if this forum were as draconian as some members would either like it to be or are claiming it IS, I think really a whole bunch of perfectly amicable people would be banned on the spot.

* - Lest we forget Freebase Dali's ill-fated attempt to be THE FAIREST MOTHERFRICKIN MOD IN TOWN
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 08-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.
GuitarBizarre is offline  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #410 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
Though our PM's went no where in my opinion, I am quite clear on the rules, hence why after 15 posts I still couldn't post a link (of course now I can, ahem), correct me if I'm wrong but we are in the "Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback > Rage Against the MODchine" thread and I was providing feedback, suggestions, and Raging
They went nowhere? How much clearer should I have been when answering your question? You keep saying this forum is like kindergarten, but all I see is one person being the stubborn kindergartener and everyone trying to reason with them. I'm talking about you, by the way.

If you really have a serious problem with this forum, then we don't want you here.
Burning Down is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.