Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Pop Music Really So Simple?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #70 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
Formulas are actually very useful for creativity, the most creative artists use them. Arguably the greatest musical geniuses ever (in classical music) used well worn structures to guide their creativity. It gave them the backbone to their compositions they needed and allowed them to be very creative within those structures. So you're argument based on the structure of songs is actually very simplistic and irrelevant.
1 - I didn't MAKE an argument, I made a STATEMENT.
2 - I've studied music at degree level for 3 years, I'll have a degree next year. My degree will be titled Ba(hons) Popular Musics.

In other words, don't assume you can put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head, I know damned well what I'm saying. Especially since the units that comprise my degree encompass primarily critical theory and composition in both popular and classical styles.

Edit: Also, you could at least have argued without misusing the apostrophe. The word you meant is "your".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote