Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #3428 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
Oops, sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant more that they'd moved away from the wittier OK Computer lyrics and guitar thrashing into something that (at the time) sounded quite dull and bland to me. Of course, now I possibly like In Rainbows more than OK Computer.
OK Computer has never been my favorite, I'd probably even take the Bends over it. But that's just me. I see why that could disappoint you though, but by In Rainbows guitar thrashing was definitely extinct (except for on HTTT). The lyrics may have moved away from wittiness, but they started shooting for abstract imagery/storytelling by the time In Rainbows had dropped (at least, that's how i'd describe it). So all in all, yes, i could see why someone who was a fan of OKC being extremely disappointed upon listening to In Rainbows. But they're both a couple of the albums i listen to the least of. Karma Police is a favorite (along with Videotape), Paranoid Android is a great song, and 15 step is a lot of fun; however, both the albums don't hold my attention like HTTT or Amnesiac do. King of Limbs has even had more sway over me than IR.

Speaking of OKC and In Rainbows, have y'all heard about that theory that the latter was a follow up album to the former and that each track compliments the one before it (ie., Airbag to 15 Step to Paranoid Android, etc.)? It didn't click with me, but did you guys find any cohesion there?
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote