Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi, kind of new member
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
fanlaure
Groupie

Let me give a brief background about me. I am an mechanical engineer working on developing new compressors. I became a fan of Laure when she attended the "Super girl" contest, aka a Chinese version of "American Idol" in 2006. She won the Champion title of that contest even though she was lost twice in the regional contest before she managed to win a second place in the last regional contest and advanced into the national contest.

She was a new graduate as a French major from a prestigious university of Shanghai, China when she attended the 2006 Super girl contest. She was a total amateur singer at that time and don't have a hot look to. That's why she lost twice in the regional contests.

However, her beautiful voice and singing talent was recognized by the judges at the last regional contest and she won the second place to have a ticket into the national contest.

In national contest, she was mistreated by the judges as they did not think her has a future as a singer but the viewer before the TV voted for her and the money talks. Unlike American Idol, in Chinese supergirl contest, it costs to vote and the money goes to the TV channel that hosts such a contest.
fanlaure is offline   Reply With Quote