Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #6881 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Black metal is funny for me, cause on the one hand you have bands that just want to keep ripping off Darkthrone for no apparent reason, coming off as more alienated juggalos than anything else. On the other hand, a lot of black metal bands are just using black metal as a spring board for all sorts of wierdness and are one of the only truly forward thinking bands in metal right now.

But my unpopular musical opinion is that Voivod's first album War and Pain, sucks. I don't just mean that it's over rated or not that good. It's awful. Almost unlistenable. Why that album is regarded by some as their best I will never know. I wish they would go back and unrecord that album. The vocals are ****, the riffs are unmemorable, and the production is just boring. They made good music afterwards, but that album can just **** off and die.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote