Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #6891 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
I was under the impression-- and correct me if I'm wrong-- that rap metal is a derivative of the whole nu-metal scene. If your band is categorized as rap metal, you're necessarily a nu-metal act, but the reverse is not necessarily true.
That's true, everything musically is.. and can be considered as being derivative of certain genres if you want to be technical. But I have to disagree "the reverse can be (sometimes) necessarily true" within certain eras of a particular band and artist career. I sometimes comment on my own intuition and opinion instead of Wikipedia. Just talking out-loud, not based on any facts, just my personal opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Back then I thought all nu-metal needed rap to be considered nu-metal so no idea why'd you think that lol.
(Rap Metal/Rock or Rapcore) Sometimes bordering on the Funk Rock genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
but yeah they are still considered nu-metal.
I am just giving an example of my own personal opinion, nothing more. I'm not trying to change the category and label of any certain genre.

Genres sometimes evolve and do not necessarily sound the same as their origin, (derivative) yes.

I personally do not consider Linkin Park as having the same sound and style as Disturbed or Korn for example. Maybe P.O.D., Saliva, Limp Bizkit , and so on. (That's all I'm saying)..
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote