Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #10540 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

My mom had to watch a 10 minute segment of it for her health class, and I was quite interested in watching the whole thing after I overheard some of it. I'd always been seen as "effeminate", and maybe I am. I don't consider myself that way. I just say I'm Tim. With a brother who's the conventional beer drinking, country listening, and sports watching type, I've always felt a little bit different. Oh, and my other brother is the conventional beer drinking, ROCK listening, and sports watching type. He also weight lifts in his spare time and still hasn't settled down with a woman, though he's 30.

The film overall was quite enjoyable. I'm used to hearing about women in the media, whether it be incessant bullying from other girls or eating disorders and self esteem issues. It's almost as if men are going through the same thing, just a different way. I'm not keen to dissect its effectiveness, but rather just an interesting perspective on masculinity and the media. You can watch it in its entirety on Google Video.

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 09-06-2011 at 11:40 PM.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote