Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pixies vs Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #417 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
There are plenty of noticeable differences in style and sound between Nevermind and In Utero. Nevermind has a glossier production while In Utero is rawer-sounding and has more of a live feel to it. In Utero features more dissonant guitar tunings and deep down-tuned bass, giving the album a more abrasive sound, while the guitars on Nevermind sound more tuneful and punchier. In Utero also has a darker and more aggressive feel to it and is less pop-influenced compared to Nevermind. I can't really imagine a song like 'Serve The Servants' fitting in on Nevermind, likewise I can't imagine 'Drain You' fitting in too well on In Utero.
I agree with everything, except I'm not "too sure" about the raw & live sounding aspect of Utero. That would depend on the individual really. Its too Pop.. to sound "Live" and the "Raw" aspect goes to the album "Bleach".
In my opinion the Darker and Aggressive (Punk) feel is "dominate" in all.. of Nirvana music Personality.

I agree both albums are different in sound and style though. "Actually", just (a little) different.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote