Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #4057 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Very cool first time drinking story, DoctorSoft! You reminded me of my first time drinking, haha.

Basically, it was my first night at Morehead State, I was 17-years-old, and I'd managed to click with one of my roommates and her friend on the first night, two nights before classes started.

On my first night, they invited me to a party - I'd never been to an actual party-party; I was way to busy with drama, volleyball, softball, basketball, volunteering for an environmental organization, and all of that stuff, so my out of school social life wasn't especially substantial.

I offered to drive, as I'd never drank before in my life, and my roommate and her best friend (who I later dated, but that's not exceptionally important to this story) were about to pile into my car, when I actually decided to say why I was driving.

I was like, "Yeah, I've never actually drank before, so I'll go to the party, but I'm not going to drink because I just...don't. But it's cool that we get to socialize."

At this point, the two girls laughed, and my roommate said, "Is your car an automatic? Because I will totally drive if you promise to drink for the first time with us."

I was wary, but told her yeah, and we all got into my car. At the party, they had five fifths of Admiral Nelson, and I really was concerned. I had no idea what being drunk was like! We started playing "High Card, Low Card" and I was awful at it. Before I really knew what was happening, I'd had close to a dozen shots.

Now, I'm not an exceptionally large person, but I had been seated this entire time, and wasn't really feeling much of anything - aside from an increased desire to talk to everyone, and a need to pee.

I said, "Dude, why do people even drink? I just feel happy and talkative - this isn't impairing at all!" and everyone just smiled knowingly at me. Then I was like, "Dude, where's the bathroom - I need to pee.." and started to stand up.

Then, it all hit me, and I face-planted on the card table.

I didn't puke that night, but I did learn what getting drunk was like. And I also smoked pot for the first time ever that night - although because of that night, I was convinced that tongue was always involved in shotgunning.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote