Music Banter - View Single Post - Polyamory
Thread: Polyamory
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Music Addict

Default Polyamory

If you are unfamiliar with the term, it can be defined as "the act of being intimately or romantically involved with more than one person at the same time". This idea has been pinballing around in my head and I can't seem to get rid of it. I began reading up on it a little bit more and discovered many people live this lifestyle. In fact, so much that even communities have emerged.

It intrigues me - the idea that one soul mate (The One) does not exist. I feel it can be linked to the idea that there is no soul, but I for one, have always believed in such a thing. My interest in polyamory, however, seems to challenge the idea that there is a soul, I think. Or does it? I'm not sure.

Most people would consider this cheating. I can understand that, but what if all parties involved know? I read about couples who are each others' "anchor partners," meaning they are essentially the "main one". Is this term just a security blanket for those who can't seem to stay/be loyal to one person? Does it even make sense to be with one person? Does continuing to have sex with one person (and one person only) defy the natural laws of sex/reproduction/evolution/genetic variability?

My apologies if no one is interested and if my thoughts are very disorganized. I just had to quickly put something down to simmer down the distraction so I can get back to work. Hopefully, we can get a good discussion rolling here.

P.S.
For those of you who know me, I know I haven't posted in awhile and am very aware of how shitty it is my first post in a long time isn't about music. My apologies.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote