Music Banter - View Single Post - Polyamory
Thread: Polyamory
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

lol I hate the idea of soulmates so much. Not so much because I don't believe that we have "souls", but more that it seems so ridiculous and nonsensical. I believe that we have several "soulmates" as it is, it's more that we have needs for certain traits and they fulfill those needs.

The idea of a soulmate perpetuates some really bad standards people have for relationships, like "If we were meant to be, we wouldn't fight so much".
uhhh

Anyway not to go on a tangent. I see how the idea of polyamory is enticing, especially if your needs aren't being met and you can get half your needs met by one person, and the other half by another. To me this just says that you need to find a better boyfriend/girlfriend who can meet those. I could never be polyamorous because giving my love/trust to more than one person seems ridiculous. I enjoy my monogamous lifestyle because it feels as though I have a partner, who balances me out. It would feel wrong to have another person in the mix, because of the bond the two of us have formed, and how we've grown with one another and into one another.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote