Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #831 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
If homosexuality is not a 'choice' then is it genetic?
Is pedophilia a choice or is it genetic?
Are they both psychological, or neither?
These are apples and oranges. I'll refine this:

Your sexual preference is often times presented as a binary issue. You either are homosexual or your heterosexual. This comes about only in a Semitic society because it defines who one can "lay" with.

Personally I think the motive behind statements like that arise from anti-Roman Imperial sentiment and not an actual position on the laying. Just the same, before the Torah, there wasn't really a word for what we would call homosexuality. The word itself means same gender, but people in Classical times didn't think in these parameters. Sexuality was a sliding scale.

Because of this, your sexual orientation isn't so dissimilar to your artistic preferences. You like what you like, and people tend not to have a similar view of music and art, but no one asks if you were born "liking Metal." Its a ridiculous question, but its the same concept. You might not have been born liking metal, but you were likely born with those aesthetic appeals.

We don't persecute people who like Pollack for being unnatural, and suggest that Van Gogh was the real true version of painters. But thats how the anti-homosexual crowd is seen by those who don't believe orientation has a bearing on anything.

Its hard to imagine anyone asking if your preference in art is genetic.

Pedophilia is a different animal. No ones born liking to molest children. I don't think anyone would consider what happens in that act as necessary. And only those afflicted with pedophilia would ever think to try and pitch it as "love."

What you see with pedophilia is not just wrong in the action, but in the auxiliary as well. There is a great deal of corruption, coercion, secretiveness, and duplicity that goes along with pedophilia. You do not see that in homosexual relations except in instances which are similar to heterosexual relationships. If anything, no ones faking a pregnancy in homosexual relationships, so if anything, they're more honest.

I've worked with sexually molested children. I've actually had a molestation happen at the facility I worked for. Theres nothing honest about it, and after one has been molested, they are likely to become predators themselves.

Pedophilia has no joy around it. For one participant, its a carnal lashing out of their most sickening desires. For the other its nothing short of torture. The difference between this and a consenting relationship between two adults is so wide its like asking to compare elephants to shoe laces.