Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #878 (permalink)
SIRIUSB
Luciferian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I can accept that it's your position, but I can't agree with it. You've defined marriage in a way which is not really congruent with practice. In order to marry, you would require from gay couples that they can reproduce, yet we do not require heterosexual marriages to produce children or even be able to. If we had, I could've seen your point, but we don't - and I don't feel like society should redefine marriage to require reproduction.

You say you believe in this because it benefits society, but I believe marriage benefits society even if it doesn't produce children. It reduces promiscuity and I'm sure many gay marriages can create families by parenting adoptees and I believe long term monogamous relationships are a good way to increase long term happiness. For example, noone wants to grow old alone. I also believe that tolerance and acceptance of different races, sexualities and other things that make us different is good for society and also promotes happiness. Happiness is good because to me, it's what I want from society and I believe happy people are f.ex more productive and less criminal.
To comment on this 'marriage' thing . . . all the legal poop aside, there is no piece of paper that can bind or hold any two people together.
And to an extent there shouldn't be.
SIRIUSB is offline   Reply With Quote