Music Banter - View Single Post - Circumcision
Thread: Circumcision
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'm guessing that the risks associated with not lopping off your foreskin are so minor as to be totally arguable, as the risks with using mouthwash or drinking apple juice or being left-handed are. If they were notable risks, then by now I think we'd have naturally selected the foreskin out of our genepool.
Yes, the foreskin has important biological functions as Erica pointed out, for example being highly sensitive and allowing for non-abrasive sex. What the last part means is that the extra skin on the penis acts as a sort of buffer rolling over the shaft which for example allows for non-abrasive masturbation without lubricants. Basically, cutting the penis would impair sexual function for example when masturbating which I'm sure is deeply rooted in why the culture developed in the first place. Religions typically have problems with sexual drive.

As an intact male, I feel I should point out that I don't have any problems cleaning myself. My foreskin retracts just fine and if for some reason it doesn't for some, that's a medical problem that can and is taken care of without circumcision.