Music Banter - View Single Post - Shaking Hands
Thread: Shaking Hands
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #42 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
In the interview thread the subject of shaking hands in relation to gender came up. I figure most people here probably do it so I decided to add another question to it.

On my mom's side of the family (Estonian heritage, if that matters) they were taught to shake hands very firmly. I have painful childhood memories of one of my relatives who seemed to be trying to break my hand every time we shook hands.

On my dad's side of the family (Canadian/English) they don't have any sort of conduct for shaking hands, but I noticed many of them have relatively weak hand shakes. In general I think this holds true for most of the people here too.

I'd like to see what role location and age play in it as well but that would be a bitch of a poll to make just for shaking hands. So just choose which option best describes you.
are you Musicman from Music Babble?

he used to make polls like "Are you left or right-handed?"

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote