Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #10656 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

Conan the Barbarian
I hadn't seen this in forever, I was home from work sick, and it was available streaming on Netflix so I watched it. Not bad. Not great either, but it has its moments.
It is one of those films that begs to be good but doesn't really deliver

My 12 year old son and I have been bonding over movies a lot recently and we have a movie night around 3 - 4 times a week so these have been introduced to him recently:

He liked the effects and originality but hated the musical interludes. I don't blame him either and I am a Bowie fan.

Apart from the usual barrage of questions in the first half hour from him (which is to be expected), he loved this and asked to watch this again soon tonight! For a 12 year old to sit through a 2 and a half hour film and get the general purpose of the film makes me very proud.

Change of pace tonight. He has always been intrigued by my phone text alert ( excellent accompanied by the guitar lick) and wanted to know why I have a Bill and Ted T shirt. He loved this and cracked up everytime they spoke in unison. He also loved Socrates being called So - crates throughout the film.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote