Music Banter - View Single Post - Nu Metal
Thread: Nu Metal
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #304 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Don't bother with nu-metal Soundgarden. Even if you do happen to like 1 album, by the time you get to another, you will already have outgrown the style.

Nu-Metal is a boring, sub par type of music. Only applies to teenage suburban white kids angry caused their parents won't loan them the car. I guess if that applies to you, all the power to you, go listen to it...

Nu-Metal is a sub standard form of psuedo-noise passing itself off as metal. Only people who relate to it are suburban white kids, demographic being 14-16. If you meet anybody over that age demographic who still listens to Nu-Metal and derives any sort of pleasure from it... don't talk to them, nothing they can say to you will ever benefit you or enrich the quality of your life.

I have never met a Nu-Metal fan who was anything more than a one dimensional stereotype of your angst filled suburban teenager, not one.

Don't become that, I like you too much to see you become on of them. Skip Nu-Metal and dive deeper into true metal.

Even the people who made nu-metal have moved on with their lives, minus say Korn.. but they were always awful and no hope left for them. They will just end up on a where are they now show or celebrity rehab or something.
Nu metal Soundgarden? Interesting. And Slipknot shows tremendous growth between albums, so even if you outgrow the style the next will have something to offer.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I don't agree with hardly anything you have said here. First of all, the demographics are totally wrong. Nu metal artists are generally mainstream so I know many people who like the genre, both teens and adults. Most of the angst filled teenagers you are describing listen to post-hardcore these days (ex: I See Stars, Attack Attack, etc.). So you must not get out much, or Canada is vastly different, because I could literally walk down my street and disprove your chosen demographic before I hit the next road (which isn't very far). Unless my physical therapist is an angst-filled teen, of course.

Second of all, who cares who relates to the music (even if it was just angst filled teens)? There are a lot of losers that "relate" to the mostly whiny lyrics of nu metal, but there are also a lot of cool people that like it (not necessarily "relating" to it). I guess I'm confused as to what you mean by "relate". I like death metal (progressive) and black metal myself, but I'm not sure how in holy hell I could relate to it. Musically, it can be great. Lyrically...well let's just say I don't hate Jesus or people, and exploring the finality of death is unappealing.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote