Music Banter - View Single Post - Nu Metal
Thread: Nu Metal
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #311 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
Nu metal Soundgarden? Interesting. And Slipknot shows tremendous growth between albums, so even if you outgrow the style the next will have something to offer.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I don't agree with hardly anything you have said here. First of all, the demographics are totally wrong. Nu metal artists are generally mainstream so I know many people who like the genre, both teens and adults. Most of the angst filled teenagers you are describing listen to post-hardcore these days (ex: I See Stars, Attack Attack, etc.). So you must not get out much, or Canada is vastly different, because I could literally walk down my street and disprove your chosen demographic before I hit the next road (which isn't very far). Unless my physical therapist is an angst-filled teen, of course.

Second of all, who cares who relates to the music (even if it was just angst filled teens)? There are a lot of losers that "relate" to the mostly whiny lyrics of nu metal, but there are also a lot of cool people that like it (not necessarily "relating" to it). I guess I'm confused as to what you mean by "relate". I like death metal (progressive) and black metal myself, but I'm not sure how in holy hell I could relate to it. Musically, it can be great. Lyrically...well let's just say I don't hate Jesus or people, and exploring the finality of death is unappealing.
I like your post LOLPOCALYPSE.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote