Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous, Lousy Singers
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

The first list is just ridiculous I mean Jim Morrison WTF!!! Personally I think he`s the best vocalist that ever lived. As for Janis Joplin WTF again!!! One of the best female vocalists in the history of rock. Again Kurt Cobain had one of the most unique and addictive voices in rock!!! Ozzy may not be a born singer but it was unique to the sound of music he was putting out and as for David Lee Roth........well they`re just looking anybody it seems because despite not being brilliant he was adequate voice wise.

The problem with these lists, is that they never ever really highlight the really bad singers.

The second list is nowhere near as bad. They`ve put in people like Lou Reed, Johnny Lydon, Siouxie Sioux and Ian Dury, sure these guys weren`t really singers but they utilized their limited voices to maximum effect with the music they were producing, none of them deserve to be on this list.

Now I think Bob Dylan is an awful singer and probably deserves to be on the list (but I know people that really love his voice)

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-28-2011 at 05:58 PM.