Music Banter - View Single Post - 8Tracks
Thread: 8Tracks
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Oh, also don't be surprised if your playlist order changes after a listen. For whatever reason they have rotate the track list order to satisfy some copyright thing. It can kind of suck when you put your playlist to play in a specific order, kind of breaks the spirit and way mixtapes should be made.
Yea, I read that. As long as the first listen is right, I'm ok. Sorta. (assuming the original order is good for each individual listener, then subsequent listens are out of order) I mean, I definitely need to arrange songs the way I would mix them if I were a DJ or making a regular mix tape. And as long as the person listening listens to the whole thing in one shot the first time, and knows it will be out of order the next, then I'm good.

But, to be honest, I think half the time the only people that really see the intent behind the ordering are the people that make the mixes anyway. (unless there are some drastic changes that need to placed right)

I wonder what kind of copyright thing that's actually addressing? Doesn't make sense to me..
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote