Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Invasion! NEED HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 02:34 AM   #151 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
Do you like to listen to Katy Perry? Look at all the popular genres from different eras. Most of them were different. In fact look at the music from the 60s and compare it to today's music. The quality is not the same yet people still loved the music. A lot of people today don't like music from the 60s. A lot of people from the 60s don't like music from today. People are not born with a preference in music. If someone listens to certain music long enough they will grow to like it. If Frank Zappa or any unorthodox artist from the 60s or 70s was marketed in the same manner as the Beatles eventually people would grow to like them.

Look at artists like Waka Flocka or Lil Wayne. Their music is mediocre. There's a reason people listen to them.

People from all different generations liked different clothes, different music etc. Much of this is due to the culture they are brought up in or whatever they were given.

It truly surprises me that many of you cannot understand something so simple.
Huh? No I dont like to listen to Katy Perry. I get what you're saying. Although I dont agree that the British invasion ruined anything, but lets not get into that. Mainstream media has a big effect on culture. All the kids will eat it up if it's packaged properly.

I think the question is, could someone like Zappa have been as popular as The Beatles even if he was marketed to the extent that The Beatles were? I'm not sure if he could have been. But he was and still is quite famous.

I'm sure this has already been discussed. Sorry for being late, haha.

Last edited by blastingas10; 11-06-2011 at 02:51 AM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote