Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Invasion! NEED HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #156 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
The point isn't that Zappa should have had a big company to market him. The point is that if pop bands weren't filling the airwaves more people would be able to appreciate his work.

The Beatles played a huge role in bringing down culture. Obviously they don't fill the % but still they played a role. Music plays a big role. The music today is not furthering American culture. Justin Beiber, Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne and the likes play big roles in bringing down the American culture. That cannot be denied. And while the Beatles had better music the content of their lyrics were no better. I'm not saying they singlehandedly brought down the American culture but they played their part.
.........but Zappa didn`t have a big company to promote him, as they chose not to, can`t you get it into your dense skull that his music in the 1960s was not marketable.

You do yourself no favours either, by harping on about how the Beatles helped to bring down a culture.......why don`t you expand on this fallacy?

Quote:
People are not born with a preference in music. If someone listens to certain music long enough they will grow to like it. If Frank Zappa or any unorthodox artist from the 60s or 70s was marketed in the same manner as the Beatles eventually people would grow to like them.

It truly surprises me that many of you cannot understand something so simple.
Thanks for opening our minds up with the above pile of nonsense. So based on your logic, every kid around today will grow up to like Lady Gaga! Everything in life is just not black and white, there are huge grey areas in between.

Quote:
What's funny is that everything I'm saying has some truth to it.
More of your arrogant bollocks.

Quote:
Popular music from the 60s and today sound nothing alike. People aren't born with a preference in music. If you shove music down someones throat enough eventually they will like it.
I grew up listening to bands like Madness and Spandau Ballet etc as when I was at school, as that was what was being shoved downs people`s throats. I hated those bands then, I equally detest them now, so that pretty much kicks your hypothesis in the head.

Out of interest what age group are you?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote