Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Invasion! NEED HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #206 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
And mediocre lyrics such as you find with the Beatles and other influences make things even worse. This is not hard to see. I've talked to many many adults that lived in those times and they have told me of their stupidity when they were young. Music has a great influence on people. The ultimate proof is to simply look around. And although music isn't the sole source of this mediocrity it plays a large part.
Hey, I'm from Dallas too! And I know what you're talking about.

You want to talk about lyrics having a bad effect on culture? Let's talk about rap music. All of those corrupt, crime committing kids in Dallas are not listening to The Beatles, they are listening to rap music. If any music has had a bad effect on culture, it's rap music. I'd take The Beatles early teen love songs over the lyrics of rap anyday. Lyrics that mostly consist of drugs, sex, violence, and big 20 Inch rims. I'm not saying that ALL rap music is like that, it isn't, but a lot of it is. This is the music that is making culture worse. Yes, there were already gangsters and crimes before rap music, but I think it's gotten worse.

Compare the youth of today to the youth of the sixties. The sixties youth was influenced by music that was about peace and love. Look at Woodstock. There were no fights. Complete peace. Then look at Woodstock 99, it was remembered for violence, rapes and fires. I'm sure there hasn't been sucha large scale festival since the original Woodstock that was able to sustain peace. I go to Bonnaroo every year and there is always a violent outbreak somewhere.

I think if anything, the music of the sixties had a good impact on society and the music of today, mainly rap music, is having a bad impact.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote