Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #16362 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Death in Vegas - The Contino Sessions (1999)

I've seen this band name mentioned quite a few times in conjunction with trip-hop, so I figured it was about time I give them a try. It was a pretty enjoyable album, the guest vocalists like Iggy Pop and Bobby Gillespie were welcome surprises. Some of the longer psychedelic tracks did seem to go on longer than they should, but that's just something psychedelic rock and I don't see eye to eye on. While I don't think this album has made me a fan of the band, I will definitely keep it so I can use a track or two on a playist.
Odd. I personally always class Death In Vegas as an Electronic band that dips into darker genres a la Massive Attack and as such enjoy it a lot more. Aisha is such an uncomplicated piece of work that it is impossible to dislike. A dated album in some respects but I still give it a blast once in a while.

Moderator cut: image removed
Lou Reed and Metallica Project 'Lulu'. Well somebody has to listen to it (not heard it yet though) and I like to think that there is much more out there to listen to than bland bands bringing out new albums with stupid titles. I prefer maligned to fawning anyhow.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote