Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
When I say sensual I don't mean sexual. Jimi Hendrix played music that you could feel in your flesh. His movements, voice and creativity evoked sensual (there's not real word for this so I'll use this word) music-orgasms.
Eraser.time, you have outdone yourself...

As for d00ds mention of Buckethead's emotional work. With a figure like Buckethead, are you sure it's emotional work, or referencing to emotional work? In my eyes, Buckethead is really striving to be eclectic. So, one could assume, the emotion is presented more as part of the character, than an attempt to relate an emotional personally to the listener.

Where as Hendrix used the guitar more as an extension of his feelings directly.

Albeit, I can't confirm either not thinking in either's heads. But, that's the impression I'm getting. Not that it's a statement of quality, just a difference in artistic presentation.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote