Music Banter - View Single Post - Where did you buy your records?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saran View Post
The vinyl generation has lost it's habitat a only a few hundred browsing record emporiums left.

Where you brought your first record or what former musician worked or was seen in the shop. You can leave comments on the forum or on the British Record Shop Archive.
I think I may be part of the "vinyl generation" but I never knew much about our "habitat," as I only purchased two or three records in my life, one being Olivia Newton John's "Totally Hot." I have no idea where.

I never ever buy music now (my high rolling music purchasing days are over), but I'm curious where I'd go in my community if I wished to find a record.

The only place I know about is the public library, because recently there was a book sale where records were also sold. I struck up a conversation with a woman who had purchased lots of records (old, of course). Turned out her husband sells them online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saran View Post
Yes I still buy records still and go to record shops but the post is about the history of buying and the places we went to. I have reported you to the admin as your map and comments are not welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
While s_k's penchant for posting extremely detailed personal information about himself on a public forum might be considered many things.
The words Idiotic, attention seeking and creepy would be some of them, but it's not breaking any actual forum rules.
I think another word for s_k would be this one:

friendly!

Yes, yes, I know...it may be hard to remember the adjective that matches this rare online behavior.

s_k has a great vinyl browsing location. I've seen it! And his whole house. Great place. If I were in his country, that's where I'd go to find records because his house should count as a browsing record emporium...and as a bonus, it has a cat!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote