Music Banter - View Single Post - What audio gear have you gained lately?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #155 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
The problem isn't absorption, the problem is that the bass is everywhere, except where I sit...
Sub is not an option for me. You can just tell there's a sub.
I may want to get smaller speakers so you won't have the feeling you're missing something .

Oh I did buy these by the way:

Wharfedale Diamond 3
Anyone who heard them, will know why .
These tiny little things sound so far beyond their size! It's incredible.
I didn't need them, but I had a set of NAD speakers lying around as spares. I'm going to sell the NAD's and put these little ones in place
I'm not sure if you replied to me or not, but I sorta made the point you're expressing. The problem is cancellation at your listening position. The only way to fix it is to move your listening position, or your speakers. OR, introduce a sub.
I use a sub (not a rinkydink home theater sub) and if you set it up correctly, you will not notice anything that isn't meant to be noticed. The sub isn't going to boost anything unless you're not setting it correctly. It will simply translate the information there, and, the benefit of having the single center channel for lower frequencies is that you won't have the cancellation problem.
So.. if it's a good sub, and it's crossed over and leveled correctly, all it would do is solve the problem.

I'm not trying to convince you or anything. Just saying... from experience and all. I apologize if your experience with subs and crossover frequencies did not net you the results you had hoped for.

P.S. I'm jealous of your Wharfedales.