Music Banter - View Single Post - The appeal to pedophilia?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Yes, I certainly agree. I think there must be some common territory that provides a stimulus for that error to occur...but I don't think it's a genetic aberration at all. That would imply that we should ACCEPT them for having those dispositions instead of ostracizing them from the rest of society (as I feel we should).
I feel as though we should accept them in a way. We shouldn't accept them in society as they're capable of molesting our children. There's no way I'm going to defend those actions. But I do think most (probably all?) peadophiles are really very sad, sick people who didn't ask to be like they are.

I've always had this thought about any sort of punishment for massmurderers, rapists and so on; They didn't ask to be like that, sometimes it's even fair to say; they didn't DESERVE to be like that.
I am very much in favor of locking them up for the safety of our children and/our ourselves, but not to punish them.
Catch my drift?
I know this is a very risky thing to say as it's far from generally accepted. But I am not generally accepted anyway .

I just like to add once more that I agree that, in no way, murderers or molesters should be free. They should be kept in captivity for their entire lives. But I'm still not sure if punishment is the right way to go.

Take, for example, terrorists, right?
They are doing afwul things, but they are in the end brainwashed .
Of course I am glad when a terrorist planning a terrorist attack that might kill hundreds of people, is killed. But I still think; He's a human, whatever he's planning to do, he's still a human. And I still feel as if it's not quite right to destroy someone's life, just because this person destroyed other lives. It seems... equally bad, somehow.