Music Banter - View Single Post - Do atheists believe that Jesus existed?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #152 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
of the tribes in Israel, Yahweh's tribe were the strongest and defeated the others

what their prophets and leaders have wrote down, is now taken as literal fact by most Protestant strawmen

imagine if some other tribe worshipping some other deity were the victors

values and morals would be different

edit:- and steveeden, in case you're not aware, I'm a Gnostic Christian
Duce.... I am not discounting the relevance, or, denying the Truth of any part of the testimony of Jesus the Nazarene Christ. As for the battles of the Israelites, they were not literal wars. We are all Israel, and they represent something different than what is perceived. It is a story Duce. It is chalk full of symbolism that you say you know, but, you do not.

You say you are a 'gnostic Christian'. Then you would know that it is not about being a Christian, it is about becoming a Christ. It is not about gnosticism, it is about 'studying the Word', every Word of every scripture of every religion, mythology, so-called paganism, and every 'ology' known to man.

"You may eat freely of ALL the trees in the garden. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die".

Trees are symbolic, and are connected to characters in the books, leaves are pages, and the fruit is the knowledge.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but, by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord/God does man live by" Every Lord in every scripture.

All these quotes I give to you are what Jesus referred to as "hidden manna"

Jesus said: Recognize what is before you, and what is hidden from you will be revealed to you; for there is nothing hidden that will not be made manifest.
"Understand what is in front of your face, and then what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you."
(Gospel of Thomas)

Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."

The authority of Truth is the very spirit that indwells. The revelations of divine Truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow minded intolerance. (Jesus)

You say you are Gnostic. Then, when I said know "hawah" from "hawwah", what does that mean? Or, "ehyeh asher ehyeh"? Or, Moses, Noah, Adam, Eve, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Judah, Israel, Joseph, Benjamin, Mary, Elohim, Adonai, Ishi, Baali, David, Solomon, Nathan, Adonakim, Isaiah, Daniel, Hosea, Rachel, Leah,..........What is Logos?

Can you answer all those questions without looking it up?

I am not calling you out on this. This is why I did not want to get into this discussion. I use other forums to address religion. I address Spirituality, but, I regret making that initial post on this thread now, even, as I meant it in good fun.

All the books are True Duce. But, they are not historical accounts. Man has attempted to literally fulfill books that were meant as a means to demonstrate how the Logos of Providence had to reveal Truth through myth.
And, there are multiple roles that had to be portrayed by a very limited cast.

Do you ever wonder why Jews are prohibited from uttering the tetragrammaton? They say "HaShem". "The Name". They write L-rd, and G-d. It is for a reason Duce.

The Bible is prophecy. Pure and simple prophecy. It is just backwards.

Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is."

That simply means that the 'end' of the Bible is Gen chapter 1.

Trust me. I did not simply "pick my own cross and follow after Jesus". I chased him like a madman all of my life.

I am going to PM you to share something that I do not ever reveal. And, hopefully, you will see that I am not against anyone in the book. My obligation is to clear the Name of the Lord, and to straighten out the Jesus mess.

I will PM you, so, if you want to discuss this further, than PM me, and we will straighten this out. I am sorry if I offended you, but, this whole 'straw man' thing appears to be connected to the idea that my post was 'absurd' to the point of some kind of idiocy. If I am wrong, correct me, but, that is what I am gathering from another post.

Here is how I really feel about Jesus the Nazarene Christ.

peace