Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2011 Music Banter User Awards: NOMINATIONS!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

I'll just fill in the ones that immediately came to mind. I'll fill the rest in later.

Best Avatar: Conan (It’s not Jackie Chan) – I’m a big Tim and Eric fan, and that was one of my favourite sketches by them.

Sexiest Member (Male): Trauma – He’s a good looking dude.

Sexiest Member (Female): ThePhanastasio – She’s just a classic beauty. And this post can’t be seen as hitting on her because I don’t believe she’s interested in men.

Most Inane:

Most Enigmatic: PoorOldPo – As far as I know he only posts amazing paintings in the Art thread. I’d like to know more about him.

Angriest Member: TheBig3 – He’s unbelievably bitter about something. I just don’t know what it is.

Biggest Drama Whore: Alexthe4th – She left a pretty big impression in the short time she was here. Her percentage of posts in the picture gallery is easily over 50% of her total posts.

Nicest Member: Vegangelica – It’s pretty obvious. She’s just insanely nice.
bob. – I haven’t had many interactions with him, but seeing his other osts, along with the few times I have interacted with him, he’s come across very well.
Burning Down - Fellow Canadian and she made me feel welcome right away.

Best Debater:

Worst Debater: SiriusB – I swear all he does is post Wikipedia articles, even if they don’t really relate all that much to the discussion.

Best Writer: RMR - Excellent reviews. Glad to hear he's been recognized by the Bigs.

Biggest Virtuoso: Freebase Dali - I all too sure what to put as I don't spend much time in the song writing thread, but I loved the track he just put up recently so... him.

Smartest Poster: TheBig3 - Presents his arguments clearly and seems well educated.

Funniest Member: Janszoon – Cracks me up pretty consistently.

Best Mediator: Janszoon - never seems to lose his cool with anything.

Biggest Troll: TheVirgin – I actually thought he was a pretty quality troll. Annoying, sure, but he definitely knew how to push people’s buttons. The quote that is in Conan’s sig is classic TheVirgin…

Biggest Contributor: Pedestrian - Coupling what she contributes to the site along with her mod contributions I think she's done the most to uphold the integrity of this site, along with making it a more welcoming place for new members.

Most Improved Member:

Most Underrated Poster: Mrd00d – Hands down. I don’t think he gets a lot of credit for it, but he has a wealth of musical knowledge in many different genres. He’s responsible for posting many new artists that I wasn’t familiar with.

Most Mainstream Music Taste: DJ Chameleon - I know he claims to listen to stuff that isn't just mainstream but I'm not sure what it is.

Most Obscure Music Taste: Jack Pat - I almost get the sense that he caters more to stuff just because it's obscure, but regardless, he knows a hell of alot about tons of bands I've never heard of.

Best Music Taste: Janszoon – He’s responsible for many new bands and artists that I’ve learned of this year, and he covers a lot of different genres.
Mrd00d – Same as Janszoon, really. Great taste.

Biggest Music Nerd: Janszoon – I know members like Urban Hatemonger and bob. Have a wealth of knowledge, but I don’t think their tastes are quite as broad as Janzsoon’s. I don’t know if there’s a genre he doesn’t know something about.

Best Thread Starter: I'l give it to the trifecta of Phantom Limb, Jester and Sparky because I'm always very interested to see what they've posted in the hip hop section.

Most Missed Poster: downwardspiral – He was my favourite poster when I started out on this site but he seems to have disappeared.

Thread of the Year: Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret (LoathsomePete) – I believe this thread has about 5 posts in it from 2011, but I thought I’d mention it anyways. Alternative country was the one main genre I expanded my musical tastes in this year and this thread was a great aid for that.

Journal of the Year: 25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die (Janszoon) – I’ve got many great recommendations from that list. Can’t wait to hear the conclusion.

Moderator of the Year: Pedestrian – She was always the one that answered any questions I had and seems to be doing a great job at keeping this place troll-free.

Best New Member 2011:Electrophonic tonic - Great taste and his power rankings thread is probably the thread I post most in.
Il Duce - He can be hit or miss I find, but with that many posts, he has alot of good material. Weird as ****, but awesome at the same time.
fazstp - one of the members I share the most in common with for musical taste, and I think that "guess the track" thread could have been thread of the year if more people paid it any attention.

Member of the Year 2011: Based on the answers above I think you know my answer: Janszoon. What can I say, I’m a fan.

Last edited by Thom Yorke; 12-08-2011 at 01:30 PM.