Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #9173 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I've been working on the sketch comedy deali-o with my buddies lately, and another close friend has been invited into the project. As a recurring character, not as being in the actual troupe. As per usual, he's decided to try to take charge. (I've done theatre with him before, and any time I had a featured part in a show he was in, he went out of his way to try to convince the director(s) and me that he should be in my featured scene.)

His input has consisted of him ripping off scenarios and lines from Family Guy or American Dad, verbatim in some cases ("With great mustache comes great responsibility.") and saying that he'll film and direct the whole thing. (He's never worked a camera.) Oh, and all of his episode pitches conveniently omit the actual sketch group, and are just him going off on his own and us rescuing him at the very end. That's the formula. Lovely.

Oh! The other two members of the troupe likewise voiced concerns on the matter, and apparently expect me to shoot down his pitches because they don't want to look like douchebags. I don't either!

I'm going to seriously have an aneurysm.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote