Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana- Nevermind- 1991
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
metalheadmike
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
this always cracks me up .....i feel like i should attempt to write the grunge manifesto.....it was the media that created the term grunge....in fact its really nothing more than a bit watered down noise rock with pop hooks....which i feel is very obvious in these bands "inspiration"....

see i actually feel that this whole "movement" ....actually helped to take down the pop formula....i mean yes.....record labels went nuts looking for the next nirvana...or the next big sound (see the movie Dig!....it really goes into this)....but here you have unknown and humble "real" bands....as opposed to record label created bands....putting out records with shout out to their friends bands and the awesome bands that they loved and helped mold their sound.....then you have the 15-17 year old target (me) soaking in and looking into ever band mentioned by these people....and thus being fully emerged in underground music.....i went in 20 years ago and have yet to come up for air (save lady gaga i fucking love her)

....Wax trax?!?!?!
I worked for smaller label there. But there no longer indy. Won't mention there name. But they were mostly Hardcore Music when I was there
metalheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote