Music Banter - View Single Post - Astral Projection and Out-of-body experiences
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Chewing (sublingually absorbing the salvia) is a modern twist on the centuries old Mazatec method of using salvia (which was actually swallowing the leaves). Chewing is best done by rolling leaves (fresh works the best) into a "quid" or ball and keeping them under the tongue for 15 to 20 minutes. This will produce a longer lasting, more meditative state that's supposedly more suited for exploration – although it will never be as powerful as smoking. I don't smoke anyway, but I also think smoking salvia might actually be squandering its usefulness in self-exploration by making it too powerful. I basically want it as a supplement in this instance.

I'm actually going to chew on that black powdery stuff (an extract). Never done it before, don't know how effective it will be. I'm a little nervous because extract is 10x more powerful than leaves (which you can buy online now), hence the name 10x. However, sublingual absorption is far less effective anyway so 1 gram of chewed extract might equal about a tenth of the gram that people usually smoke.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote