Music Banter - View Single Post - lolbertarians
Thread: lolbertarians
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubato View Post
He wants to abolish the welfare state, FEMA, public healthcare and the right to an education. He's an anarcho-capitalist.

I'm not sure you can call him a racist, although he does seem to believe racism is a civil liberty. Then again I don't follow American politics too closely.

Basically if it was any other country he'd be laughed off the stage.
Not to get high on my white-bred American horse here, but he'd be laughed off the stage because he'd be coming from way out in left field. Here he has a precedent for his positions.

But you're creating a strawman in some of these statements. He's never said that Racism is a civil right, he just believes that freedom of speech defends peoples right to make racist statements.

And thats why Ron Paul deserves more credit that he gets, because he understands and puts into practice the idea that rights are there to protect people when needed, not when they want to throw a garden party.

We need the 2nd Amendment when some lunatic goes on a shooting spree. We need the 1st Amendment when the local police force throws citizens out of public parks. And we need the 3rd Amendment to tell the British to go **** themselves.

He has said things that give me pause. And I'd never vote for him in a general election, but I love that hes in congress and we need more of him. If I were Speaker, I'd make him Chairman of the Ethics Committee.