Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #421 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Mr. Zoon, I think you're in the same boat as Mr. Clancy insofar as when you say God, you mean a Judeo-Christian God.

I had an IR professor in college, Iranian expatriate thrown out during the revolution. He was saying once how most people in America (and the west) have Christianity so ingrained in them that when they say they are agnostic/atheist they say its in reference to Christianity even if they don't specificy. The whole concept of religion, which they reject, is fundamentally rooted in Christianity.

I don't have a problem with people not believing in God, but just make sure (and I'm not saying this speciafically to you, or that you are doing this, Jans) you're not thinking the story of Jesus is illogical and all creators in any form.
I'm curious what would make you think that. I can assure you I'm not specifically talking about the Abrahamic God, I'm talking about a general god concept. This does bring up a point worth discussing though, namely defining what we're discussing. When I say "god" I am referring to any notion of an intelligent supernatural entity or entities which govern and/or created the universe.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote