Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #430 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Not all religions are the same. Buddhists doesn't believe in a creator, yet they believe in rebirth and an after-life.

I guess you haven't realized that by being an atheist, you too believe in something that has yet to be definitively proven.
much as I like to believe in reincarnation, i have to confess i have no memories of a past life

Buddhism in its purest form, is merely a philosophy, Buddha never proclaimed himself God, unlike Jesus

only later when the Taoists came in, only was Buddha worshipped as a God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
You need to come down to Earth a little, Tom. All religions are illogical? What an arrogant and illogical statement. There are some religions, like Buddhism, that consist of some very deep wisdom. If more people thought like a Buddhist Monk, the world would be a better place.

And there are some pretty intriguing cases that support rebirth.
such as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
There are highly touted theories that we can physically be in multiple places at the same time. We have no idea when our universe began or how big it is, or what's outside of it. We literally don't know anything about our physical world. But you're going to just go out on a limb here and claim that it's foolish to think that a God is possible. The only foolish thing is to claim that you know that anything does or does not exist.
a multi-verse only really implies there are multiple versions of yourself, and yourself in another universe would be in a divergent situation, because of the paths your alternate versions chose

they are not necessarily "you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClancy11 View Post
It's foolish to expect somebody to assume based on nothing.

I am here, right now. Not in two places.
see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I just want to pinch your delightful little cheeks.

So why don't you tell me some Islamic laws you don't subscribe to. And Tao and Rastafarian and Gnostic laws you think are foolish.
Taoist, in its purest form, also, is merely a philosophy - read the "Tao Te Ching" if you don't believe me

only when some religious fuddy-duddies mixed in Indian mysticism was it a religion

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote