Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #1056 (permalink)
SIRIUSB
Luciferian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
This concept is relative. It applies in some circumstances, and not in others. A reasonable person would not say that gay people should be discriminated against because they chose to be gay. Could you argue that a gay person in a construction working environment is likely to make other employees uncomfortable? Yes. Could you argue that their choice of job may lead to abuse from the other workers? Yes.

Does sweeping gay people under the rug progress society? Is being gay a decision a gay person has made and should live with?

The only difference in these examples is that transgender people are less common, less understood, and more taboo. Hiding them out of sight and allowing society to ignore them is not going to build understanding or tolerance. We've come a long way in accepting gay people and acknowledging their rights. We will come a long way with transgendered people as well, but not if we pretend they don't exist.
I see your point . . . not being a choice I would tend to agree with you.

Being in the music biz for most of my life I have met every variation of homo-sapien you can think of, I've never had a problem with anyone and usually they never have a problem in the music biz, it's a very friendly atmosphere with emphasis on artistry and entertainment. A good career choice for alternative lifestyles.
SIRIUSB is offline   Reply With Quote