Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #10876 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

wow....i love that of all movies to spark an argument its Hot Tub Time Machine

i'll throw in.....i loved it....went and saw it in the theater with my brother in law (also in his 30s) and my 13 year old nephew (his son)....when it was over Jason (brother in law) and i were in tears and my nephew just looked confused....he asked me if people in the 80s really did that much coke!....classic

i have to agree 100% with Jackhammer on this...i loved this film but could not not find any humor or entertaining quality to Scott Pilgrim....not that it was a bad movie....i just felt it was stupid and not really that funny

Hot Tub Time Machine was specifically made for those of us that grew up with that exact type of film.....i'm sure there are plenty of younger and older people who find that movie to be hilarious.....but it was made to attract a specific age group and appeal to them....and it does quite well.....a very specific "80s" plot, aged 80s characters (including heavy metal guy and "cure" guy), and even a few great throw outs to classic 80s films (where's my two dollars).....it was damn near perfect for what it is

anyways last night i watched.....

it's one of my all time favorite films....ever since my hormones decided that i was heterosexual i've been in love with Audrey Hepburn.....and her portrayal of Holly Golightly is basically my dream girl......i watch this at least once a year and over the holiday i got a new special deluxe copy of it
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote