Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #1106 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

I always thought I had posted in this thread loads but upon review, I now see I have only ever posted one big list(and most of those people are now dead) so I will do a rough one about the current active members.

Mighty Salami - The guy gets a lot of criticism for being a suck up or trying too hard. I think a lot of it is undeserved. He's an extremely nice fellow and although he can come on a little strong it only demonstrates his enthusiasm. Very keen and friendly.

Above - Undeniably a very interesting person and quite unique in comparison to many other members. Can however be very harsh and mean sometimes, don't agree with her approach to conflict. Overall though, really cool.

Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra - I used to think he was pretentious and douchey but I was wrong. Very nice, smart and a huge contributor.

Paloma and Unchained Ballad - My two best friends here. Have been for a while and look to be in the foreseeable future. I could talk to them for hours and hours. Not got a bad word to say about either of them. Probably the only folk here I consider genuine friends rather than "internet friends" atm.

bob. - Amazing guy. Outstanding knowledge of music and just in general a fascinating bloke. Despite this he's always extremely nice, never comes across as cocky or prtentious or anything. One of my favourites around here and the sight would not be the same without him.

Il Duce - I don't get it. I don't find him funny. I don't find him interesting. I find him creepy and he makes me want to vomit. He has like 6000 posts and I think I have cringed at at least half of them.

Trollheart - Lots of respect for this guy. He is so devoted to posting in his journal and giving feedback to other journals. His life must revolve around music for him to give it so much time and I really appreciate that. Quite an eccentric personality too.

The Mods - I think the current mod team are great. I don't dislike any of them and tbh the ones I have spoken to are legends. Very good at their jobs, I never see any problems. Couldn't be arsed writing them all seperate :P

Sneer - I'd never really encountered him before recently. Cool guy with a great music taste and lots of knowledge.

Kayleigh - My fellow Scottish member, others come and go but we're the most active. Amazingly nice person and has a great sense of humour too, always up for a bit of banter.

Zer0 - I love his journal. Amazing taste, good writer and I have never seen him come across as anything other than a nice guy.

ThePhanastasio - Another member I can't think of any bad points for. Really nice, funny, interesting and most of all just incredibly cool. Also clearly very talented and creative and such as we can tell from her writing and work in theatre and the like.

Tumor - Me and Tumor have a kind of Love/Hate relationship. It's a lot of fun. She's not nice in the slightest and can be downright rude but I like her a lot. She's a barrel of laughs.

Hope I haven't forgot too many people!

And a moment of silence for great MBers that have sadly gone awol.....
NumberNineDream, AwwSugar, +81, TheCunningStunt, downwardspiral, clutnuckle, dankrsta, bannister.
Gone, but never forgotten.