Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #1110 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Mighty Salami - The guy gets a lot of criticism for being a suck up or trying too hard. I think a lot of it is undeserved. He's an extremely nice fellow and although he can come on a little strong it only demonstrates his enthusiasm. Very keen and friendly.
Awww yeah, thanks man! Wondered when I'd next get some love here!

Ok, before I clear off for a while (to the delight of Urban), I'll say a few words about some members I've met over the last three months:

Urban Hatemonger: I'm not trying to lie here at all, or seem unnecessarily complementary for the purpose of "sucking up", but I do genuinely like you. You are the funniest member here, I've found everything you've written to be informative and helpful, even that guide to The Fall, which I thought was a very good series of reviews. And like it or not, our musical compatibility is "super high" according to LastFM. I know a lot of people don't really like you, but I do. All your little digs at me were lighthearted and very amusing, even if I'm still scared stiff of you.

James: Thanks for saying that. Since first meeting you, I've considered you very friendly and polite. You have some pretty fantastic music in your collection too, so you're definitely one of my favourite members here.

blastingas10: Sadly not many people like him here, and this is unmerited in my opinion. I know he can get angry sometimes, but he actually knows quite a lot about music, and I find myself in agreement with him most of the time. Perhaps some of the things he writes about are controversial, but I think he can contribute quite a lot in this forum.

Garret: despite having little to say, every recommendation he makes has been excellent. In fact, possibly the best music I've heard all year was posted by him. He's clearly got a huge knowledge of music and I think he might have some of the best tastes on this site.

The Phanastasio: Please let that be the right name. You're another of my favourite members here. I think you really know a lot more than you're given credit for, and I feel sorry for all the horrible things going wrong in your life.
Although our musical tastes are completely dissimilar, I still listen with great interest to anything you say.

Aurora: I can't believe she's one of my neighbours! Well, back up in Scotland she is. And a neighbour in Scotland is anyone within a 30 mile radius.
The point is, she is a really really nice person and I love her.

Now for some less friendly ones:

Above: I'd like to make it clear that I don't follow you around and I am not trying to win your favour in any way. There's only one person here who I am trying to win the favour of, and that is duga(don't ask me why, I just feel like it). I don't think that trying to impress people is a good thing, and I'll assure you it's not my aim. It would amount to nothing anyway, since this is merely a music forum. The reason we I might seem to be a little too "matey" as you out it is that we do tend to have the same opinions over certain aspects of human rights, and this is entirely coincidental. I'm not accusing you of anything, or trying to win "brownie points". Just don't take it personally.

Bane of Your Existence: Why yes, you are.
That was an awful joke because I don't want to waste anything better on you.

Captain Ron: Anyone who thinks I'm creepy seriously needs to check this guy out. Even for a troll he's creepy.

All the spammers that were online on Christmas day: you guys seriously need to get yourselves a life.

That will do for me.