Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #3862 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
he is one of my favourite authors, and i have all his works, bar his latest Zero History

Neuromancer is still a pretty good read, although it is rather simplistic compared to his later works
Another big fan of William Gibson's right here too

You're missing out. Zero History is by far the best book I've ever read about a pair of pants. Great cap to his last trilogy. Though the ending makes me wonder if this is a sign of an impending retirement from novels. Especially with an antagonist going by the name Big End. Hell, I'm pretty sure he even references what 'could' be the origins of The Finn at one point.

I still think All Tomorrow's Parties is my favourite. Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above View Post
Could anyone recommend me some sci-where where politics plays a major part in the story? Thank you.

Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash - It's a great story on the concept of cultural vs. base-species language and technology with an interesting view of how world politics merged with corporate attitudes could advance. Plus when you consider the way the author perceived electronic communication and technology in 1992 it's pretty mind blowing.

Philip K. Dick - The Man in the High Castle - This one is way more about corporate and interpersonal politics. It's sci-fi in the alternate history sense as opposed to outer space and aliens. A what-if the Axis won World War 2 premise for another of PKD's explorations on the dualities of man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote