Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #1009 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Agreed, it's not necessary. One thing I do think would be a nice addition in a similar vein is a like or +1 button on everyone's posts. They have this on the weed forum I used to regular. So when someone says something that really deserves attention or you agree with so much you don't have anything to add, you 'like' the post, instead of either posting a "I completely agree" short post to show solidarity or remaining silent and then the OP doesn't know that anyone even read the post because nobody replied or had anything to add.

There have been numerous instances where I've been on MB here and wanted to thumbs up a post but instead just kind of nodded to myself and clicked back to look at a different thread.

The down side, I guess, is that there are less filler posts where all that gets said is "I know, right?" but that's not really a downside. People will still post if they have something to add, legitimately...

I don't know if you know what I'm talking about or not, but I think it's not uncommon so you might...

I'd love to see that in effect. I think it would be very useful and I don't know of any downsides...
They have that on another forum I visit and to be honest I think it has a negitive effect on the quality of the site. Because of it people try to make witty, smart-alec posts just to get a load of thumbs up instead of actually contributing something worthwhile. It's becoming a contest to see who can get the most thanks.

Again a good idea in theory but doesn't seem to work in practice.