Music Banter - View Single Post - T. Rex -"Electric Warrior"
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
It was almost three years ago since Hammer made that paticular post Duce:...Geesh Bro.

Marc Bolan is one of my favorite Glam Artist. But to be all together honest. He doesnt have half the innovative material that David Bowie created through the years. (But even Still) Marc Bolins single 20th Century Boy has been very influential. That paticular song with Bolan playing guitar along with the Video as well, has influenced artist even to this day of modern music itself. The guitar riff Bolan played on 20th Century Boy was (simply) brutal, Heavy, and very innovative for its time in the early 70s. I personally think it actually influenced Hard Rock and Heavy Metal all the way into the 90s Grunge era, Just that one song, 20th Century Boy. I often wonder where Paul Stanley actually got a lot of his stage moves from? (My guess is Marc Bolin). Even Slash said that he was mainly influenced by Bolan Glam. If I was to pick one song and artist that has influenced so much with just one paticular song, It would definetley be T-Rex (Marc Bolin - 20th Century Boy). Marc Bolins style of Glam was much "cooler" as to say. Than David Bowie or Elton John's (more intellect music) for example. Its quite sad that he was just beginning to change and adapt his image and music at the time he was killed in a car crash.

No one other than Marc Boltan has influenced so many different styles, bands, artist, etc. Than Marc Bolan has with just one song and video. As being one the one of the (Coolist) top 3 Gods of Glam Metal.
I was never a Marc Bolan or T-Rex fan but as a performer I always enjoyed watching him and along with Bowie he was one of the most influential glam artists of the era. The band imo only ever put out one classic album and that is the album being reviewed here Electric Warrior. Taking a comparison band to T-Rex from that era I would've have said Mott the Hoople music wise were superior.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 01-12-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote