Music Banter - View Single Post - Do I have a bad taste in music?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Whether it's Katy Perry or Rihanna, the moment either of their voices enters a song it's a "change the song or shoot me in the face" moment.

It sounds like I COULD try to get myself to give it another chance, but I don't see why I would want to do that to myself. If I have to fight myself to listen to something, and it's a chore, is it really worth doing? I'm quite happy hating this album. I also didn't really see any reasons in particular from you guys that I should. "Pristine pop" is nowhere near what I want. I abhor pop music. One thing I noticed that I didn't before is Bon Iver's involvement. I'm not really too into B.I. but that's cool. (It took just about every member of MusicBanter giving positive praise to the last albums to get me to even check it out)
well, it's cool if you can't get into it - but your earlier comments sounded "prejudicial", from my perception

and no, I can't stand Bon Iver either

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.